Welcome to Texas Association of Professional GeoscientistsThe purposes of the Texas Association of Professional Geoscientists shall be to promote the professional practice of the geosciences and to maintain the highest standard of care for the profession on a nonprofit basis.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
-- Thomas Jefferson
Senior Remediation Project Manager
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 60 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 150 offices worldwide, our over 6,000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
The Houston office of Golder Associates Inc. is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a Senior Remediation Project Manager. The successful candidate should have a background with oil and gas, pipelines, petrochemical, and manufacturing client sectors.
- Plan and oversee environmental investigations, collection of environmental data, preparation of technical reports, and completion of regulatory documents and permit applications.
- Provide strategic direction for risk-based closure of sites subject to Texas release determination and the Texas Risk Reduction Program (TRRP), Louisiana Risk Evaluation and Corrective Action Program (RECAP), Mississippi Voluntary Evaluation Program (VEP), West Virginia Voluntary Remediation Program (VRP).
- Interface with clients regarding planning and execution of environmental site assessments (Phase I, Phase II, Phase III ESAs).
- Interacting with clients, regulators, and Golder staff to meet task, schedule, budget requirements is key to success in this position.
- Regulatory review and research will be required, along with determining regulatory applicability to processes and problems.
- Ensure quality execution for all stages of the projects.
- Evaluation of project risk.
- Forecast of reserve estimates/costs to closure for various clientele.
- Management of project teams.
- Staff development and recruiting.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology or Environmental Science, Engineering, Natural Resources, or similar scientific/engineering disciplines.
- Must be a licensed Professional Geologist and capable of obtaining and maintaining a PG license in Texas.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in both performing and managing environmental field investigations of all environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air).
- Experience with assessment and remediation of various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, semi-volatile organics, etc.
- Field experience and knowledge of drilling methodologies, groundwater sampling, and waste profiling and characterization is required.
- Experience with construction/demolition and large scale remediation projects. General knowledge regarding integration of environmental data with GIS is required.
- Advanced understanding of the state and federal environmental regulatory structure. Experience with Superfund (CERCLA), RCRA, Clean Water Act (CWA), etc.
- Office experience related to scheduling, lab coordination, data evaluation, excellent technical report writing skills, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC). Proficiency with Microsoft products. Strong analytical skills in mathematics and data analyses.
- Experience with data validation required.
- Excellent client interaction required.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Strong client base required.
If interested, please apply online at www.golder.com.